Monday, April 28, 2014

Logos at UNCA Arts Festival

I had the pleasure of spending a few hours recently at the UNCA Arts Festival, demonstrating the PsybOrg. It was such a cool experience! I graduated from the Music Department in 2007 with a degree in piano performance. It was there, under the guidance of Dr. Wayne Kirby, that I first got to experiment with analog synthesizers. It was also there that I had my only encounter with Bob Moog, when I, as a clueless college freshman, asked him why his synthesizers could only play one note at a time (he took it fairly well, but in hindsight, it wasn't the most polite, nor the most educated question to ask).
It felt like a proud homecoming to be back at my Alma Mater, teaching people about analog synthesizers and the brilliance of Dr. Moog's creations.
Credit to Jenny Bowen for the great photographs!







No comments:

Post a Comment